Author Topic: Video games (whatcha playing and what to suggest!  (Read 100 times)

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
Video games (whatcha playing and what to suggest!
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:55 PM »
Felt like putting this up.

The MMO I play the most (if not the only one) is Star Trek Online. Been cutting back a bit on it for some time now.

The game I mostly play is Stardew Valley. Good gravy, is that a peaceful game. You farm like In Harvest Moon, but there's two big differences that make Stardew Valley better in my eyes.

1.) You can date men and women. There's six bachelors and bachelorettes at your own choosing. but there's been an update that allows multiplayer and you can marry one of the other players!

2.) You aren't pressured to marry in one year. You can play at your own pace, so you can play without getting married.

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
Re: Video games (whatcha playing and what to suggest!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:02:35 AM »
Stardew Valley ain't up my alley (no rhyme intended).

Really, I've just been "burned out" from all my other games in my Steam list and on my consoles.

I've just been playing Warframe, though. I love the movement mechanics and gun play; I absolutely despise the art style. I know the artists' needed a sleek and ninja style due to the gameplay, but I just can't look past it. The only Frames that look appealing to me are the Limbo Frame and the Vauban Frame. Limbo because it looks contemporary compared to the other options and Vauban for the same reason. Hell, I could go all day talking about Warframe's art style.

I want to return to The Division some day, at least before the sequel is released. The gameplay's insanely good for patient and tactical players, and it gives options for idiot, mayhem players like me to contribute to a mission (Lone Star squad, where ya at?).

I've also been downloading PS2 roms like Sonic Heroes and Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando for the nostalgia trip before games like KH3 or Doom: Eternal comes out.

I need new games, my dude! WHERE ARE THEY!?

I lurk. I mean what else?

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • imagine that confidence is the only thing you lack
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
Everything I play is about 20 years old or older.

The first Halo game and GTA3 were about the last things to hold my attention in a big way

calx86

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »
I started replaying Alice Madness Returns lately.  Loved that game.

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »
I understand the feeling, Vest. Most of my personal favorites are 20 years old as well.

I was checking my Steam list and another suggestion I have is Tabletop Simulator.

Play some board games with friends and strangers online. Heck, you can even play Dungeons and Dragons. Or perhaps search for those board games that you played a video alongside it.

If you're into Point-n-click adventure games with a bizarre sense of humor, then perhaps Telltale's Sam & Max series? Bit of a major shame that Telltale is closing, though.

About the modern-ish FPS I played was DOOM 2016. Haven't completed it though.