Author Topic: Forbidden Codex  (Read 555 times)

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • imagine that confidence is the only thing you lack
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Forbidden Codex
« on: September 26, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
Re: Forbidden Codex
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
Thanks.

I have a few ideas, but ones that don't necessarily are restricted to one story. So if they interest anyone and they want to use them for the other stories.

1.) Clothes putting themselves on a mannequin. Dunno if the mannequin would move like a person, robot, or puppet.

2.) The old 'wear a costume and it influences your actions' plot. Put on a cheerleader costume, get urges to perform a cheer. Put on a catwoman costume, get urges to tie up people, seduce them, and steal from them.

3.) The clothes are a hivemind. The more clothes magically active, the smarter the hivemind gets, and the more personality shifts the hivemind gets.

I had more, but I can't quite remember what they are.

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 10:39:52 PM »

3.) The clothes are a hivemind. The more clothes magically active, the smarter the hivemind gets, and the more personality shifts the hivemind gets.

I'm voting for this one. I'm betting for "more clothes, more magic, more clothes." A positive feedback loop, if you will.

In the context of Forbidden Codex, newer chapters going down this route can have the enchanted clothes completely dominate the protagonist, then dominate the mother, then dominate the next door neighbors, then so on and so forth. And then soon enough the entire country - you get what I'm saying.

I've been rereading Adriksehn:Skipper over at the main site for the insane world building (or rather multi-verse building) Vesti has written. Maybe this Codex the protagonist has may lead to another magically controlled Earth? I don't know, I'm just a site lurker not a writer.
I lurk. I mean what else?

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 07:13:23 PM »

In the context of Forbidden Codex, newer chapters going down this route can have the enchanted clothes completely dominate the protagonist, then dominate the mother, then dominate the next door neighbors, then so on and so forth. And then soon enough the entire country - you get what I'm saying.

Something like that would be more like Vest's Household magic going into Adriksehn:Skipper. I'm afraid to because it'd feel like I'm stepping on Vest's toes, though.

I'm tempted to do something like the hivemind, but have little personalities show up with certain clothes/clothes combinations. They'd still be a part of the hivemind, much like your fingers and toes are a part of you.

Probably toes would be better as an example because some people walk with their toes in the air a little and some walk with their toes always touching the ground, much like that the personalities have some freedom. Which one do you do without thinking?

Tempted to throw another idea into the Forbidden codex. Becoming your costume idea! It can be argued it doesn't count as magic clothes, but it's really the clothes overshadowing the wearer's existance. Want the wearer to come back? Strip the clothes off. Besides, it's a halloween idea!

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 07:31:54 PM »
Ha! NEVER worry about stepping on my toes. We all share and blend ideas here.

InvisiLCfan

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 04:36:31 AM »
I wrote a new chapter to this.
https://chyoa.com/chapter/Yes--Its-Denise%21.487917
Early attempt at writing in an interactive so let me know what you think.

calx86

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 07:26:33 AM »
The link doesn't work :(

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:00 AM »
I guess the chapter needed to be approved first, as I can use the link.

InvisiLCfan

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
Does it work now?

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »
totally works

calx86

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 12:51:25 AM »
Definitely works now thank you :D.  Can't wait to see what happens with Denise <3.

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2018, 11:54:36 PM »
I'm honestly open to suggestions.

Otherwise, I'd probably write that Denise's clothes are also 'alive', but unlike Alex's Mom's clothes, they're more 'roommate that bums around and uses your stuff' than anything else and that Denise didn't make any contact with Alex because... I dunno. Maybe she didn't want to upset the clothes? Maybe she wanted to see what it was like having a roommate? Maybe she read a lot about magic clothes coming to life and was a bit insulted that the clothes would rather read books, watch movies, and play games than molest her?

That last one was a joke, but I can probably write it if someone wants me to.

InvisiLCfan

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
wait the protagonist's name is Alex? i thought it was Adam.

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 10:42:51 PM »
You're right, it is Adam. Dunno why I thought it was Alex.

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
Though I suggested it as a joke, I think I will be writing the 'Denise's magic clothes coming to life and she's a bit insulted that the clothes would rather read books, watch movies, and play games than molest her' idea.

What can I say? the idea grew on me.