Author Topic: Writing Patreon is deleted, more to follow  (Read 174 times)

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • imagine that confidence is the only thing you lack
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Writing Patreon is deleted, more to follow
« on: September 23, 2018, 01:34:45 PM »
The writing Patreon has been deleted.

More to come on the site rebuilds.
I'm not a fan of this forum software, but people wanna keep it in tact, and I respect that. No worries there.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 07:43:04 PM by Vestiphile »

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Re: Writing Patreon is deleted, more to follow
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:25:42 PM »
All rooms on the discord, including full size art and wips and sketches...are now open to the public.

former182

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:58 AM »

Tee only reason I haven't posted more chapters is I get burned out when I reach about 300 words per session. I'm jealous of you for being able to easily go past that.

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:44:55 PM »
I think you meant to post this on the interactive thread?

No length rules on CHYOA...
As long as it's not a single sentence that just twists the plot to what you want to happen next, I'm sure Canadian and/or I will pass 'em though.
You always write some good shit, Former. Even if it's 250 or so, you're progressing the story. A few solid paragraphs is reasonable, I think.

TheCanadian

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 09:33:09 PM »

Tee only reason I haven't posted more chapters is I get burned out when I reach about 300 words per session. I'm jealous of you for being able to easily go past that.

As long as the CHYOA chapter is literally anything other than "or what" or "or this" I'll probably approve it, a 5 word chapter that serves to lead to a 50 word chapter is fine in my book.

I just don't want a 50 chapter chain of "what about this" that you see sometimes, I know that whatever you're putting out is gonna be good.

The writing Patreon has been deleted.

More to come on the site rebuilds.
I'm not a fan of this forum software, but people wanna keep it in tact, and I respect that. No worries there.

I know this has been edited so I'll say a quick piece; You made a site where we can all communicate and post stuff, regardless of whether you ever decide to write again that is already a huge benefit to the community and you are doing good work for us by keeping it up. If it ever becomes a financial burden I'm always happy to throw a few bucks in, that's the main reason I backed your patreons in the first place.

We are a tiny niche community that lives and dies by it's members and the places we have content, you already have done tones to prevent that.

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:03 AM »
Canadian, it's thanks to a combo of your guys' patience and a little bit of kicking my whining ass that I have realized my mistakes.

I'm slow to get the memo that my jealousy and self-pity destroy things, and I'm only glad that the content I've given you guys to date has been enough to counter my shitstorms enough to keep some core-users here. Someone very special to me pointed out, after my last episode, that I will--and really, must--lose friends PERMANENTLY if I continue on that track.

Opening up the paywall on my art and unhinging the "pay" for my stories, I think, is a really healthy first step that grew out of a destructive intention. I've done a huge art dump on the Discord, and I plan to do more before the super-busy season hits at work, which *WILL* slow my work here for six weeks at the end of the year.

Thank to you, Canadian, for all your constructive help in preserving content.
Thanks to Dark for trying to keep the PR here reasonable when I go into a tantrum.
Thanks to Calx, Doe, Jay, Tigerzet, TheLivingSocks and others in continuing to post awesome, sexy fiction while I've been out of prod.

And thanks to the person who really kicked my ass.

I'm going to tell you ALL the same thing I told that person (who did not ask for any kind of promise at all) :

I PROMISE NOT TO USE PUBLIC FORUMS, ON MY PROPERTIES OR MY OUTSIDE ACCOUNTS, TO JEALOUSY-SNIPE OR SELF-PITY POST.

I will have bad days, and I will feel shitty about my produced work sometimes. That's human. But I promise that when I have any self-criticisms, they will be specific to actual details in a PRODUCED WORK, and not a silly blanket statement about "waaaaaaaaaaaah, no one likes MY stuff".

Also...thank my wife for helping you guys show the forest to me when I couldn't see it from the trees.
Check out the new *free!* art on the Discord, and I'll have more developments for here soon.

(Dark would call this my manic phase, but check it: I had a SHITTY day at work today, and I made it work--came home swinging, and did four hours of art today. What I really did today at work is realize how motivated I am at work to inspire people to do the job and do it well [I'm a supervisor] even when the WORST appears to be upon us.  I'm trying to take the things I've learned about self-management and persistent positivity at my job and holding myself to the same standards here. The difference is, this place isn't WORK--it's FUN--so that should make my task all the easier.)

FUCKING EXCELSIOR. Let's see if this time, I've actually learned something. :D