Author Topic: Something? I am bad at titles. More at some point in the future.  (Read 605 times)

Darkside007

• Global Moderator
  • Praetor
    • View Profile
She first saw them move after she got out of the shower, a sudden movement of pink in the corner of her eye. When she looked, she just saw her thigh-high socks in a pile on the floor, and she wrote it off and assumed they had just fallen. But as she was getting dressed, she sat down on the bed, and noticed that they weren't there anymore. She frowned, wondering if she had imagined the entire thing when she felt something fuzzy on her toes and jumped back onto the bed.

In an instant, she felt the socks fly up her legs despite her panicked kicks. She could feel them... stroking her legs, and squirming around with her in them. She tried to get them off, but even though they slid around and moved freely, she couldn't move them down an inch. She groaned in frustration and threw herself back on the bed. She laid there a minute before blowing out an exasperated sigh and getting back up, to head into work. She wore jeans and chunky sneakers with a sweater, given the circumstances. She was lucky it was a holiday and no one would care what she wore. Even as she left her house, she could still feel the socks squirm occasionally, and her sneakers wouldn't stay tied, but she had to go.

At least on the drive in the socks didn't do anything, and she began wondering if she hadn't just imagined the whole thing. She pulled into the parking lot without incident, but once the engine was stopped and she started grabbing her stuff to head into the office, she felt her feet tapping on the floor. Her eyes snapped down and watched her feet, tapping happily away as if she was really excited for something. She felt really nervous about what happened next, but when she tried to step out of the car, her legs worked fine, and she headed in.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:01:08 PM by Darkside007 »

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
Re: Something? I am bad at titles. More at some point in the future.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »
I like how the main character doesn't question the fact that her socks literally "fly up her legs" as much as I'd expect. I mean if my socks - or any of my clothing - decided to fly up towards any part of me, I'd run out of the house immediately - check my sanity.

Edit: I think I got a title: "Pink." Seems that only the pink socks are alive. Simple premise, simple title.

Wannabe pixel artist. Video gamer with little patience for anything. Why am I here...?

Darkside007

• Global Moderator
  • Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:44:22 PM »
The suggestion is useful, I will consider it.

Preposte

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 01:54:37 AM »
I was gonna suggest "Socks to be you", but maybe "In the pink"?

chepedufrain

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:39:10 AM »
Seems like a good chapter for the interactive.

JJStrebas

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:33:05 AM »
"Jubilant Pink"
"A Pair of Jollies"