Author Topic: My own take on the Vestian power levels and classes.  (Read 967 times)

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
My own take on the Vestian power levels and classes.
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »
This is kind of like a response to the other thread Vestiphile made. I figure that the Vestian population not only has ranked Vestians but also specialized Vestians more suited to one role than other roles. Obviously not canon but here we go:

Vestians (Normal Name/Hardmode Name)

Vestian Controller/Techy
  • Magical Level: Medium.
  • Alignment: Neutral Good
  • Special Ability: Electronic Manipulation. These Vestians are well experienced in the art of controlling electronics. Using their magic, Controllers are able to power electronic machinery such as computers and printers. Higher level Controllers are able to manipulate the individual pixels on a computer screen, warping images and videos without the need for the usual software. Some of the highest level Controllers are able to spoof electronic readers such as card readers and fingerprint scanners, allowing access to more restricted areas without the system ever believing that such areas were accessed by some unseen entity.
Vestian Tosser/Bombardier
  • Magical Level: High.
  • Alignment: Lawful Neutral
  • Special Ability: Ether Grenades. These specialized Sentries are able to pack and condense magic into a volatile ball of energy. How much energy is in the little ball is up to them. These Sentries are most commonly found in Human areas where they are called in to break up possible riots, using non-fatal Ether Grenades for crowd control. Higher level Tossers can lob very powerful balls of energy, each one with enough power to blow a hole into even the toughest structures.
Vestian Wisp/Sprite
  • Magical Level: Low.
  • Alignment: Lawful Evil
  • Special Ability: Tangible Hallucinations. These rather sadistic Vestians are the guards inside the farms. While their magical level is low compared to other Vestians, they are still a greater match than any mundane Human. Carefully using their magic, they are able to form hallucinations that are only seen by their unfortunate victim. These hallucinations are completely tangible to their victim but are otherwise unseen by others around them. Sometimes, these hallucinations are often harmful to their victim: in one case, a Human was fighting with whom she claims was another Human, though the Humans around her were no where near her location.

These were the kinds that were on the top of my head when I was thinking about Vestians and how the work and what not.

Wannabe pixel artist. Video gamer with little patience for anything. Why am I here...?

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
Re: My own take on the Vestian power levels and classes.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 03:12:05 PM »
Then obviously there must by some form of hostility in Vestian society, particularly in the Human sectors. These guys are based on a content idea I posted a few weeks ago.

Humans (Normal Name/Hardmode Name)

Human Lurker/Rioter (Basic Archetype)
  • Health: Low.
  • Armor: Low.
  • Weapon: Pistol or SMG.
  • Special Ability: None.
  • Basic Info: the majority of the Human population that are somewhat resistant to the effects of Vestians. They wield pistols and SMG's that are loaded with Anti-Magical bullets, which allows them to deal a small amount of real damage to any Vestian they can find. Be wary, though, as they always roam around the streets in packs. They also shamelessly self-insert fan fictions, which very strange. These Humans should be easy to dispatch, however, as they themselves are infected with the Anti-Magic.
Human Claw/Scratcher (Rusher Archetype)
  • Health: Low.
  • Armor: None.
  • Weapon: Melee.
  • Special Ability: Anti-Magical claw.
  • Basic Info: Humans who have been "gifted" by a mutation of the Anti-Magical enchantment with a powerful "claw" that replaces their dominant hand. This claw is very much harmful to both mundane and magically-potent Humans. Vestians should also be wary of this type of Humans, as their claw can scratch them, dealing real damage. They also happen to be very fast and very agile, able to vault and climb obstacles with ease.
Human Seeker/Watcher (Sniper Archetype)
  • Health: Medium.
  • Armor: Low.
  • Weapon: Marksman Rifle.
  • Special Ability: Anti-Magical Third Eye.
  • Basic Info: Humans who have been "gifted" with a "third eye" from the Anti-Magical enchantment. This third eye acts as an eagle eye, making their marksmanship with their weapon very dangerous at long range. Disturbingly, they can see the true forms of Vestians; as a consequence, they can see the "core" of Vestians and are very much silent about it. They... don't want to share what they see.
Human Boss/Commander (Leader Archetype)
  • Health: High.
  • Armor: High.
  • Weapon: Assault Rifle or LMG.
  • Special Ability: Tactical Buff.
  • Basic Info: Humans who have been "gifted" with the ability to strengthen their allies through a passive buff to both mundane and Anti-Magical damage. By doing a quick fist pump, they release a wave of Anti-Magic that boosts the offensive capabilities of nearby teammates. Higher level Bosses can release an even bigger and more potent wave of Anti-Magic as an emergency when they reach low health. This wave can temporarily quadruple all offensive stats of allies while simultaneously weaken enemies unfortunate enough to be caught in its radius.
These won't be all of them but you should get the theme of these enemies.

Wannabe pixel artist. Video gamer with little patience for anything. Why am I here...?

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • '...but in the end, he was a bad captain.' -Nog
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »

Lol. I REALLY think you're porting the wrong genre to this place...or I haven't been clear enough about what goes on in Vestinia. (Think less WARHAMMER 20000 and more John le Carré.)

A resident response to things like 'armor' and 'weapon' follows:

Nyxe: "Uh...I animate matter, remember? I would just animate those things and fuck with their users. If I really thought they posed an actual threat EVEN after that--I'd be forced to have their happy little tools go off while pointed in their direction...though I never like to waste such a whirlwind of emotional resistance. So many of those hardened-soldier types seem to become hardened in an entirely other way once they're tied up by their own utility belts. Their silly super-ape combat training? Pretty pointless for a population that knew nothing about the tear until I showed up."

But I'll see you your interpretation and raise you something that was hashed out many years ago.
Funny you should mention human classes. Being exposed to Nyxe's form of energy, some lucky humans under her rule found that their minds were able to somehow reach out and 'use' the ethera she and her cadre use.

The classes were named after electrical components.
I found my old notes! It was classed out from most common to least common.
The psychological profiles I share with the classes aren't a rule, they're just identified to be common among the humans subject to the free-ethera environment found under Vestiniad influence.

I'll show you the classes and their incidence rate among the population.

[Editor's note: Vestinia is the place. A Vestian is an ethera-based intelligence bound to an object (typically but not always clothing). The Vestiniad comprises any Territory claimed by the etheral being self-identifying as Nxye, hailing from HOMEPATH CLASSIFIED PERSUANT TO IDOX *ST18TIθK13.6*.]

-Capacitors-
Typically highly empathetic or emotionally sensitive. Naturally magnify ethera (but can't control it).
Capacitors are found among the sexes at a nearly perfect split (50% M / 50% F).

Weak capacitors can magnify the effects of ethera around them, but can't control, impose, or direct it.
(~1/20)

Strong capacitors can extend an ethera users' will, though too strong a capacitor may cause unintended effects. (e.g. a 'sorceror's apprentice' type situation where the desired action is being conducted as willed by the ethera user--only they can't stop it and/or the command is leaping to more destinations than originally planned.
(~1/1000)

Peak capacitors...well, suffice it to say crazy shit can happen.
(~1/400k?)

-Resistors-
Typically highly analytical or intuitive with systems. Naturally dampen ethera.
Resistors are 100 times more likely to be a woman than a man (0.99% M / 99.01% F).

Weak resistors can resist some body/mind control effects and questions of will-power when ethera is used to commandeer their biological systems.
(~1/50)

Strong resistors may be able to avoid etheral kinetic attacks (telekinesis) on themselves or transformation/transmutation effects.
(~1/60k?)

Peak resistors might dampen or counter etheral effects for a particular area of effect.
(~1/1.5M?)

-Transistors-
Typically creative or associative. Can influence or redirect ethera in active effect, though cannot generate it. As a general rule, transistors "ride" someone else's influence over ethera, which makes the energy use inefficient. This means that transistors cannot wield ethera more powerfully than the influencer's stream they're riding.
Transistors are 2000 times more likely to be a woman than a man (0.0005% M / 99.9995% F)

Weak transistors may be able to 'color' willed etheral effects, such as influencing an etheral being's mood. The simpler the being, the easier it may be to influence--with some exceptions. A weak transistor might be able to influence the path of a telekinetically controlled object.
(~1/250)

Strong transistors may be able alter the intentionality of some etheral commands or 'spells'. May be able to mute a weaker etheral being or put it to sleep.
(~1/150k?)

Peak transistors may have the capacity to impose their own discrete spells, given access to a powerful enough stream. These spells may have nothing to do with the intentionality or even type of spell issued by the source stream.
(~1/3M?)

-Conductors-
Rarest of all are those who can generate and influence ethera. The established subset of conductors is not dense enough to build a common psychological profile. Many of the most powerful are known to already work for Nyxe. Conductors are 50000 times more likely to be a woman than a man (0.00002% M / 99.99998% F)

Conductors are ACT-heavy or GEN-heavy. ACT-heavy conductors can use ethera more forcefully, but at the cost of exhausting biological resources (Light: calorie usage; Strenuous: ketosis/gluconeogenesis/exhaustion; Extreme: hypothermia, dysrhythmia, shock, death). GEN-heavy conductors are better able to generate free ethera at little to no biological cost, but poorer at putting it to focused effect. The advantages of a BALANCED conductor are often discussed, but it's unclear what "balance" would mean. Claims to the presence of "balanced" conductors were often investigated, but due to some unfortunate losses after vigorously testing slightly ACT-heavy subjects, data shows "balance" to be a red heifer.

Weak conductors can, with practice, summon ethera and execute willed, focused tasks. Telekinetics like sliding an object across a table would come with intense practice and a noticeable change in dietary/metabolic requirements for ACT-heavy users.
(~1/10k)

Strong conductors can, with curiosity and exploratory effort, eventually issue complex spells like transmutation over a small amount of mass, or issue standing, willful commands that allow ethera to act on its own, unguided by the focus of the issuer. (ACT-heavy users casting these higher-cost effects must take care not their own limits.)
(~1/500k?)

Peak conductors are to the natural world similar in capacity to what Nyxe would give a woman elevated to the status of Lieutenant Governess. Peak conductors are typically voracious eaters. Even GEN-heavy conductors will find their metabolic requirements to be raised, particularly when issuing multiple unfocused commands through the ethera.
(~1/70M?)

Fun math: in a population of 8 billion, the chances of there being ONE male peak conductor in the world is 0.0022%, meanwhile, these estimates mean there are just over one hundred women in the world who can naturally gain the etheral powers befitting a demi-goddess, though with biological limitations that Nyxe's Lieutneant Governess' are generally free from.

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 02:10:14 AM »
Literally the entirety of your post.

Ah, I see, I see. Makes more sense now. What are some lowly Humans going to do against a literal goddess in her own dimension? A world where she essentially sees and manipulates everything?

Thanks for clarifying most of the errors in my post! The context behind all this is that Vestinia is Earth but simply taken over by rampant magic. I figured that before the complete takeover, very small pockets of resistance would form throughout the Vestian world. These resistance cells would be like canker sores on an otherwise beautiful set of lips: they would be very apparent and at most a nuisance but would clear up in no less than a week. Some of these pockets are a little more irritating than others but, of course, are still easily dealt with.

I never meant the whole idea to be like Warhammer; I don't even play the game nor its genre! The idea was more suited for an FPS or a cover-based third-person shooter.

-----

Still though, the thing that kind of irks me is that Vestians and similar races seem to have no weakness. No way of stopping them, no way of... killing... them. Some poor idiot may rip and tear hundreds of articles of clothing or what not and still the Vestian itself would be unharmed. If there was any sign of weakness or some material these races are weak to, they are very, very good at hiding it.

Vampire? Wood or silver. Werebeast? Typically silver. Ghost? Finish its business or leave it alone. Zombie? Decapitation or burn it. Dullahan? Gold. Human? Remove the connections to either the brain, heart, or lungs.

Vestian? ... Good f-cking luck. You find yourself trapped by them, you must as well be dead or worse.

-----

"But you know where I'm from," the Lurker continued, "we both mostly the same. We take what we want, wid' no care 'bout who we took it from, amirite?"
"I'm glad I ain't in your dimension. If we had your powers - sh-t... - the things we do to them pigs."
"Here's the deal, Lady, we comin'. A storm. Go ahead and bring yah shit here. See if your Ves- Vesiti- Vestian, f-ck you call yourselves, can even do all that magical sh-t here wher' am' from!"

[Warning: message may have been a declaration of war.]

[/size](Image is not mine and is edited from another image that is not mine. I stole it and made it mine.)

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:25:54 AM »
At this point, I feel like I'm making misconception after misconception. I should reread the stories again and what not, jeez...

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 02:07:23 PM »
Nah, you're not wrong--there would be pockets of resistance to such a change for sure!

But in the case of Nyxe, these were batted down pretty easily. (There was always a plan to show the process in the story "Queen Nyxe", which is outlined but as yet unwritten.)
The important thing to consider is how good she is at offering people what they want and ignoring the resistant until they're irrelevant. By the time organized granfalloons [define] in humanity realize what's going on, Nyxe already has her vanguard and is mobilizing her takeover.

Nyxe is pretty tactical. Her enemies on S2U1126 (The Earth before "Vestinia", a world pretty much identical to our own in terms of technological/geopolitical development) were essentially any human with 'occult' knowledge. (Consider Anabel and Tiffany from "Boots of the Dark Mistress".) These humans are generally ethera-sensitive people that were only hitting the tip of the iceberg with their talents, as the static ethera in the path BEFORE Nyxe's appearance was relatively low. It doesn't take her long to understand how the world works, and she finds her talented staff fast and assembles her troops accordingly.

She was also accidentally brought to S2U1126, as we know, from Anabel's actions in youth--messing with forces she didn't understand. We don't know anything about where Nyxe is from, and there's a sense that Nyxe may have developed very, very differently had she been 'summoned' by anyone but a curious, attractive, nubile woman with an affinity for the supernatural.

Now--the girls in Lilith...that might be more like the place you're talking about, in terms of resistance. In the case of the world "Lilith" takes place in (No homepath designation has been determined there yet, I haven't yet decided to place it in the Ontoverse--but suffice it to say that's essentially our world), you have no occult ANYTHING--no wizards, no secret government protectorate, no NOTHING. The only source of crazy strange powers that more and more women seem to be developing is centered about a handful of artifacts from an unknown origin. The world is taken by total surprise, and there is no "old knowledge" or "secret agencies" to help.

In THIS case, we're not dealing with an interdimensional being--we're dealing with women from all sorts of walks of life that all have different ideas about how and when and whether to use extraordinary powers they've simply tripped over. Cue the government turning to decision-making jelly over such a development. The intelligence agencies would do their best to understand it while maintaining law and order, the military would used very carefully (if at all--we'd be firing on our own people here), and because you have inexperienced wielders of insane amounts of power...things would inevitably get ugly in certain confrontations.

I'm not promising some kind of factional WAR in upcoming Lilith chapters, but I am saying that the idea of angry, enduring, frightened human resistance suits the world of Lilith (where the disruptors of the status quo simply happened upon their abilities and are doing their best to figure them out as well). This leaves plenty of room for unintended consequences and bitter skirmishes, particularly considering the reaction of some of the deeply religious, the highly aggressive, or those at the top wanting to make sure they stay at the top.

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
At this point, I feel like I'm making misconception after misconception. I should reread the stories again and what not, jeez...

And don't feel too bad -- other than talking about it, I haven't introduced Vestinia Agora in the story yet; there IS a conflict going on there between the humans for Nyxe and the humans against Nyxe. In the Agoran offshoot, there were a class of humans that had some natural understanding of ethera before Nyxe showed up. Agora had more natural ethera than Vestinia Prime, and thus had a better chance of harboring intelligent life that knew a little more about how to use it.

What's more: Nyxe insinuated herself into Agora--she was 'invited' to Vestinia Prime.

The war going on here isn't ethera v. anti-ethera, or ethera v. tech though. It's ethera and tech vs. ethera and tech. The differences are ideological.

Nyxe's weakness: starvation. She is ethera based, and while she's powerful and adaptable enough to generate ethera from nuance like 'emotional response' from complex enough beings, she can't exist in a bubble AND remain powerful. Landing in a magic-hostile path where the fundamental physical laws constrain it from properly supporting ethera would set her fear-response off big time. It would be like us suddenly being without atmosphere.

Making any impressive use of her remote abilities? It would be like bathing flesh in HF. Aggressive dissociation of her form would occur.

Even at rest, she would wither quickly without converting massive amounts of other available energy to ethera. She would have to do this like a hummingbird to keep herself from dissociation and find a way out of the dimension fast (or find safety in some kind of super-high-tech quantum chamber where artificially-altered fundamental laws can be held in a sort of mini-verse).

Remember, she doesn't need an ethera-strong path to thrive, she just needs the path to "support" ethera. She can convert readily available resources to her own signature ethera generation, and the more of her own generated ethera she supplies to her locality, the more under her control that energy is. This means it's actually advantageous to her to find an ethera-weak world and charge it up than it is for her to enter a world where ethera is readily available (where there is a higher chance of intelligent beings who understand the basis of her physical existence, and thus are more equipped to oppose her).

The answer isn't less ethera; it's more ethera!

As for "anti-magic", I've always held that the supportability of ethera has to do with the fundamental laws of physics pervading the path itself. Thus, 'destroying' ethera would require something on the level of 'destroying protons', which...big boom. Sufficiently advanced technology may support "disorienting" or "demagnetizing" ethera in action, nullifying it somehow...but this kind of high tech counter-incursion isn't in the knowledge set of those in the Vestiniad (because...duh--they were conquered. :D )

As for transontonic politics, here's what we know so far:

IDOX is, on its face, the "democratizing" force in the Ontoverse. Something like the UN--but a little more powerful when it matters. IDOX's tepid support of the Vestiniad's inclusion in its membership has raised many eyebrows due to the status quo in Nyxe's territory, which treats many humans as pets (in the more beneficial situations) and others like servants and slaves (in the worst conditions). There are codes governing the fair treatment of human subjects (just as we have animal cruelty laws), but these are far from universally obeyed.

The Syntyche, a powerful civilization with a special relationship to IDOX, is known outside for being 100% rigid and straightforward in its application of law.
YET...in revealing itself to Kalin, the Syntyche 'lead voice', The Tychabrahma, has shown that the cultural rigidity within the Syntyche does not extend to the behavior of its leadership. In seeking out the Syntyche's best interests, the Brahma has forgiven Kalin for a GRAVE transgression in exchange for being their agent, something no Syntyche expert would believe. It's not yet clear how much the outside world knows about Syntyche leadership. Because Kalin must be silent about his conversation with the Brahma itself (because he can now listen in on Kalin's every experience), we haven't had the opportunity to gain any context. We know that CandyMaker (a brilliant veteran diplomat, spy, and handler) and Bailey (young, but accomplished in intelligence and diplomacy in her own right) are both confused and surprised by the developments regarding Kalin's capture and release, which means that to even REALLY SMART PEOPLE whose careers involve knowing about other cultures intimately--the Syntyche's actions are super surprising, and as a result their motivations and plans in using Kalin are yet unknown.

Vestinia and the Agoran conflict seem to play an important role in IDOX's relationship with Vestinia and Nyxe. What this conflict has to do with the Syntyche is unclear--we only know that Nyxe wanted to sneak a Vestian into the restricted sovereign territory. The Syntyche tell Kalin that they have stopped Nyxe's plans in Syntyche, neutralized her inside agent and captured the smuggled being, but the Brahma offers nothing else in the way forward regarding their plans for Kalin--only that he's to return to Vestinia as if his mission was a success.

Because Nyxe gives him his reward on his return, we have no reason at this point to believe Nyxe thinks the exchange went south.

CMH seems to be under pressure. CandyMaker has now cut the strings of both Kalin and Bailey (to a certain extent), warning them both against conspicuous communications with him. Kalin takes this all better than Bailey, who seems more used to a secure foundation and people she can trust. Being out in the cold with CMH is new for her, and the shady parts of being a diplomat are starting to become very real for her now. Kalin  was a mercenary on the edge of his life at some point in his late teenage years / early adulthood, and is used to being cut adrift.

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:33:00 AM »
Literally this post as well.

Okay, very cool stuff! A lot of it makes sense, sort of... at least how I am able to interpret it all.

I'm reading all this stuff and then you started throwing all these scientific words at me. That's where my mind just started to crumble. I'm not trying to throw shade; my brain just cannot...

Can you translate the more complex stuff into layman's terms... please...? Like what in the f-ck is

S2U1126

and

syntyche

and

the entire concept of this multiverse

;D

misterdoe

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
    • Misterdoe's Fiction
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 11:43:05 PM »
I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but I definitely didn't just think of it -- your description here of Kalin's and Bailey's situation(s) kind of reminds me of "burned spies," which concept I'd never heard of until the show Burn Notice came out.

Michael Westin, the burned spy central to the show, was in Miami when the CIA (I believe) cut ties to him. He's left to ally himself with a bomb-happy ex-girlfriend (she was kicked out of the IRA for being too free with bombs!), his resentful mother (who quickly comes around), an alkie ex-FBI agent who's basically baby-sitting him for the Feds, and (eventually) an FBI intelligence analyst who Westin accidentally burns  :o .

He basically becomes a mercenary doing whatever jobs he can to put him in place to find out who burned him and clear his name, providing such jobs don't take him out of Miami, where any Fed or wannabe Fed can take him out. No one can (legally) touch him in Miami. This leaves him open for all kinds of shady characters who know his situation -- arms dealers, crooked Feds, other ex-Feds, the Mob, all kind of international baddies, and so on -- to offer him (or force him to take) jobs he wouldn't otherwise touch.

Makes me wonder just how Kalin and Bailey will keep themselves busy  ???

Darkside007

• Global Moderator
  • Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 12:14:38 AM »
Actually, he was in Africa when he got burned. He was dumped in Miami.

misterdoe

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
    • Misterdoe's Fiction
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 08:19:58 PM »
Actually, he was in Africa when he got burned. He was dumped in Miami.

:o Oops, didn't realize. I only saw the reruns on MyNetwork (My9 in NY), and it had been on for awhile when I started watching. Thanks for the update!  :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:30:34 PM by misterdoe »

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
Literally this post as well.

Okay, very cool stuff! A lot of it makes sense, sort of... at least how I am able to interpret it all.

I'm reading all this stuff and then you started throwing all these scientific words at me. That's where my mind just started to crumble. I'm not trying to throw shade; my brain just cannot...

Can you translate the more complex stuff into layman's terms... please...? Like what in the f-ck is

S2U1126

The TRID (TRansdimensional IDentifier) for Vestinia within the IXIBIAC paths.
All in the atlas.

syntyche
The Syntyche?
How to start here...are you sure you read the story we're talking about?
This path/people kind of play an important role to what's going on.

the entire concept of this multiverse
The ontoverse was originally going to be where Adriksehn:Skipper took place.

Then I realized that a few of my other stories would fit right into it as well, so I started hinting at canon information that ties a bunch of my stories to the same multiverse. (Best example: Apprentices of Xenthe and Saddie & Maddie both take place in the same binary universe (Heptonne a/b) somewhere ELSE in the wide open spaces of the Ontoverse (EGAWRAK-334, I believe).

I made it SO TERRIBLY MASSIVE that I will never fill 1/1000000th of 1% of it, and this is by design. I want to be able to fill spaces as needed without a whole lot of worries about misnumbering things or running out of space, so...you know...I think I've explained this before.

a "Node" in Transreality nomenclature consists of 67,600,000 "Paths". Of THAT number, something like 54 million of them are stable universes. (The rough math was worked out here, and relates to powers of two vs. countable integers.) I use a whole lot of "musical" type terms to relate the "resonance energy" of a reality to my made-up silliness.

So the "IXIBIAC-335" node I keep talking about consists of THAT MANY realities, which also means that most of the nodes I gave names to in 3-block for that transreality diagram will NEVER be used or cited in actual writing.

Above and below that one "Node" are other nodes, going (so far as my canon reads now) infinitely into deep transreality.

tl;dr: you know how the universe is like HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, man? Transreality is similarly HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:01:27 PM by Vestiphile »

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 09:32:10 PM »
I'm sorry, I meant to add an "In conclusion..."

Seriously, don't feel bad that you don't get "it" when it comes to the Ontoverse. You shouldn't. Not ALL of it. You're not supposed to. I'm not supposed to.
We're all supposed to be a little lost in my stories.

I mean, if you don't know who the Syntyche are, I could just be a bad author. That's kind of a major detail... XD

But I certainly don't expect people to memorize the system ids for the different pathways, or how the nodes work, how skip-pads and portal gates dial in, where the Petroves on Ischarisla came from, etc. etc. That's all DEEP info. It's there if you wanna play with it, but most of it isn't critical to the plot. That's why I go into more detail in other places like IM conversations, DeviantArt posts, and this here forum.

Once upon a time, there was over 4500 words on how Aristo developed, from Aristotle himself to their path's present-day. There was a long-winded explanation of the BARMS neo-cortical augmentation and why Aristo students MUST learn logic and critical thinking before getting block-style knowledge uploaded (the BARMS assay, and other knowledge sets) to their heads.

There was, for fuck's sake, AN IMAGINARY DISCUSSION about the nature of the Syntyche, and the propriety of referring to them as singular or plural.

You can partially thank Darkside for these details being omitted from the first chapter, and the jargon taking a back seat instead of the pilot chair. I was doing myself in with my self-interest about my own multiverse instead of furthering the plot.

Soooooo...all these details you're getting here? Well, you started it. :P
You can dream-up and mash-up anything you like...that's not gonna bug me at all--but get me talking about my own multiverse, and I basically won't stop. It certainly helps me--I think more about the key players there, and WHAM BAM, Adriksehn 1.9 will be out before you know it.

These things were either held in my author box as notes (if they contain future spoilers), or part of the supplemental (and intentionally mostly optional) information that goes with keeping myself consistent about details and how my multiverse operates.

JOINED TO THAT is a little notebook (now missing) that I sketched in when I was in grade school--basically a fictional textbook about how to tear reality, bridge to other realities, create the device that does it, and get around the relativistic limits that say the forces/speeds you need to TEAR reality can't happen. It was a dear thing to me.

I had this little book that had all sorts of detailed notes on portal types, reasons for instabilities, suggestions for better resonance quality...
All of it, in reality is WRONG...because it's fake and I was like 10. But as a piece of fiction, it was self-consistent. It was right...to itself.

Totally made up, totally silly--but it kind of solidified the kind of author I'd become.
You can tell by that "space chart" I made of Transreality (which...YES, of COURSE it looks like the golden spiral. Why wouldn't it?) :D

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:34:11 PM by Vestiphile »

Lurking_Rioter

• Tribune
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 12:06:03 AM »
A'ight can I just mention something here:

Knowing the nature of the stuff I read on the site, I don't really read the stuff. More or less I skim through the stories, taking in minor details of the setting and story, in search of the more lewd stuff. > lenny face

Like I said earlier, I'm going to reread Adriksehn:Skipper and other related stories from the start because in my quest to find the lewds, I failed to notice that the omni-verse the story is set in is complex.

Complex is most definitely an understatement.

-----

When I asked what the Syntyche was in that post, I meant, "what in the f-ck is this dimension exactly?" I know from the context of the story it was like "main hub" of sorts... A dimension where many other dimensions are easily accessible (is that right?).

I'm glad that this universe can just be a mish-mash of otherworldly sh-t. Like you said, this omni-verse is, in every single way, infinite. Maybe there's a dimension out there where Humanity gains a third gender. Maybe there's a dimension out there where the universe of Fallout and Elder Scrolls collide.

I have a question though: I can make a story, right, and somehow connect it to all other stories because in the Adriksehn:Skipper setting, all universes exist and can be connected. Is that true? I can have a setting where all the events that happened in all the vidya I ever played can all be squeezed into one Earth?

You know what? That gives me an idea...

misterdoe

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
    • Misterdoe's Fiction
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 01:34:46 AM »
And, Joe, I have a question is kind of inspired by Lurking Rioter's questions: Did Feminalia play any part in all this? (I really have to get back to that story :o and to my site 😲)