Author Topic: Patreon *Suspension*  (Read 702 times)

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • '...but in the end, he was a bad captain.' -Nog
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Patreon *Suspension*
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
Hey gang.

After about a year of unemployment, it's time for me to stop putting off what's in front of me: it's game over on the art and writing playworld I've pitifully tried to be a part of this year. I couldn't keep up with the work, and now I'm starting to run out of financing.
After three or four months of suspending the writing Patreon, I'm taking it down before the end of this month. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with premium content yet, but I'm not planning on changing account credentials, so if you were a premium subscriber before, I'll just leave your access up.
[/size]
[/size]Likewise with drawing. I will be fulfilling the rest of my obligations for this month and terminating the Vestiphile Patreon as well.
[/size]
[/size]Not much else to say other than thanks for being a part of this with me. We tried! :]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:50:58 PM by Vestiphile »

TheCanadian

• Praetor
    • View Profile
Re: Patreon Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Really sad to hear this, I hope you know that the people here care more about you enjoying and being passionate about the content (written and drawn) that you make over getting it on a specific time.

As for the financial side if ever you are needing support for the purpose of maintaining servers/the main site I am here to back that.

Do what you've gotta do man, your community here is also your friends :)

calx86

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
Re: Patreon Shutdown
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that too.  I had just started supporting the patreon too.  I always enjoy seeing what you come up with.  You are a very talented artist/writer.

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Re: Patreon *Suspension*
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:50:25 PM »
Thanks, gang.

I've been asked by a couple people to suspend instead of shutting down.
It's the least I can do--I just don't want to promise anything in terms of production right now.

Both Patreons will remain up, but will be on payment suspension. This means you retain your membership, but we don't take payment. Until I am producing things again, the suspension will remain in effect. Dunno how long that'll be.

misterdoe

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
    • Misterdoe's Fiction
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
I hate to see you close up shop, but... you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess.  :-\

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:22:57 AM »
Drawing is back on. Sometimes I worry myself to death over the wrong things. I've actually been pretty consistent with the drawing fulfillment, so there's really no reason for me to stop there.

I'm just frustrated about the writing. I need to get into a good habit like I've done with drawing over the last year.

bornox

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 01:09:11 AM »
Don't get frustrated with the writing.  If drawing is what you currently enjoy then do that.  Writing is very inspired work.  It will happen when it happens.  I've enjoyed my drawings you made me very much!