Author Topic: IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RECENT SECURITY ISSUES:  (Read 1224 times)

Darkside007

• Global Moderator
  • Praetor
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RECENT SECURITY ISSUES:
« on: June 09, 2016, 08:35:19 PM »
All payments of commissions and donation transactions are completed on Paypal.com.
This server has never processed any payment nor transaction and never will.
No one from this server will ever ask for your personal or payment information for any reason. NEVER offer it.

tl;dr: (From V)
I have solved the problem and cleaned the site (Google confirms this), but am still working on the 'hole in the fence'.
MagicMystique's mainsite is the only site that has experienced this attack, the forum and interactive are fine.

Site is safe, but please read the below:

I regained control of Joomla and removed the offender again around the moment of the attack (12 min.) & petitioned Google for crawl review 40 minutes later.
As of this morning, Google has cleared the site of the malicious threat tag and rescinded our warnings.

During the attack, the only thing you may have seen is an unauthorized pop-up upon visiting. This is a randomized event that sneaks in an ad impression into roughly every 8th-16th visitor, based on the script I was looking at. As always, this is a no-ad site. The pop-up was caused by a script snuck into the db by a user account.

As of now, on the mm mainsite all users are deactivated except me. It's going to stay this way until we have a new platform.
You can still read everything, and you can still use the forum, which is unaffected. Similarly, the Interactive is unaffected.

The browser warnings will cover all three sites regardless, since the interactive and this forum are subdirectories of the original MagicMystique domain. This does NOT mean they were subject to attack--they run on completely different databases with different authorization credentials. The domain-wide warning is part of the browser warning policy, which makes good security sense.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 05:59:58 PM by Darkside007 »

JayHawk303

• Praetor
  • Clothes are taking over my life
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: We are experiencing technical issues
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:34:38 PM »
Is it safe to visit the site?
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO91OLeL051ZioLdrgw63wQ/videos

My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jonashen

My Deviantart: https://jayhawk303.deviantart.com/

My Kik Username (free text chat if you ever wanna hit me up!): JayHawk303

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • '...but in the end, he was a bad captain.' -Nog
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
Re: We are experiencing technical issues
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 09:17:45 AM »
Site is safe, but please read the below:

I regained control of Joomla and removed the offender again around the moment of the attack (12 min.) & petitioned Google for crawl review 40 minutes later.
As of this morning, Google has cleared the site of the malicious threat tag and rescinded our warnings.

During the attack, the only thing you may have seen is an unauthorized pop-up upon visiting. This is a randomized event that sneaks in an ad impression into roughly every 8th-16th visitor, based on the script I was looking at. As always, this is a no-ad site. The pop-up was caused by a script snuck into the db by a user account.

As of now, on the mm mainsite all users are deactivated except me. It's going to stay this way until we have a new platform.
You can still read everything, and you can still use the forum, which is unaffected. Similarly, the Interactive is unaffected.

The browser warnings will cover all three sites regardless, since the interactive and this forum are subdirectories of the original MagicMystique domain. This does NOT mean they were subject to attack--they run on completely different databases with different authorization credentials. The domain-wide warning is part of the browser warning policy, which makes good security sense.

tl;dr:
I have solved the problem and cleaned the site (Google confirms this), but am still working on the 'hole in the fence'.
MagicMystique's mainsite is the only site that has experienced this attack, the forum and interactive are fine.

Super important:
All payments of commissions and donation transactions are completed on Paypal.com.
This server has never processed any payment nor transaction and never will.
No one from this server will ever ask for your personal or payment information for any reason. NEVER offer it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:22:40 PM by Vestiphile »