Author Topic: Manacite  (Read 2580 times)

misterdoe

• Quaestor
    • View Profile
    • Misterdoe's Fiction
Manacite
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:04:08 PM »
I find this intriguing, partly because I had a similar idea, and partly because I also have trouble with focus.  ::)  I may take a whack at a chapter or two. :) But I'm a little confused when the instructions say a command must be issued when the powder is used, does that mean you sprinkle it and then issue the command, do you issue the command while sprinkling, or what?

Dragonicman

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
Re: Manacite
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 02:26:57 PM »
I find this intriguing, partly because I had a similar idea, and partly because I also have trouble with focus.  ::)  I may take a whack at a chapter or two. :) But I'm a little confused when the instructions say a command must be issued when the powder is used, does that mean you sprinkle it and then issue the command, do you issue the command while sprinkling, or what?
My apologies for taking so long to respond, been meaning to get back into this but real life has interfered on more than one occasion.

I had originally intended that you issue the command as you sprinkle the powder and it would automatically seek out the best tools for the job and perform the task.

The basic idea was the powder was alchemic as opposed to being something created by actual science and that it is in fact the essence of a soul in powdered form. Being essentially free will in a bottle, it'll find something to do if you don't keep it under control. It also wants to proliferate and spread itself as far as it can, though water or a strong breeze will rinse or blow it off of whatever its enchanting.

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
  • imagine that confidence is the only thing you lack
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »
Annnd another...
I'll bring you guys back to life eventually if I just keep doing this, I'm sure of it!

http://magicmystique.net/index.php?title=MNC_-_What_a_perfect_time_for_one_of_your_roommates_to_get_home

*6* STREAK!

TheCanadian

• Praetor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 11:47:03 AM »
It's like Christmas came early!!!

Dragonicman

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:02:11 PM »
Heads up, finally got back to my creation. This time focusing on Milan, the socialite living in the apartment complex's penthouse suite with whom the mysterious red powder decides to spoil even more than she already is.

http://magicmystique.net/index.php?title=MNC_-_The_socialite_in_the_penthouse_suite

Vestiphile

• Inspector General
  • Chief Custodian
  • Consul
    • View Profile
    • MagicMystique.com
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
Yummy! Nice entry.
She's quite cool-headed to not react big-time to boxes hovering down the hall on their own. That reaches heroic levels of stoic curiosity to stay with it when her makeup starts doing itself for her.

I might have to add and see just how much she can take :D

I'm going to come back to Manacite again for my next interactive.

Dragonicman

• Plebeian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 03:49:10 PM »
Yummy! Nice entry.
She's quite cool-headed to not react big-time to boxes hovering down the hall on their own. That reaches heroic levels of stoic curiosity to stay with it when her makeup starts doing itself for her.

I might have to add and see just how much she can take :D

I'm going to come back to Manacite again for my next interactive.

Figured it was time to give the "open minded bystander" her time in the sun.